I hit a rough patch I guess. Lots of emotional ups and downs. Depression does that to you. It is ugly, it is lonely and quite obnoxious yet addictive at times as well. I mean, lying in bed in my comfy pajamas, eating marshmallows and not giving a crap about anything isn't all that bad..until I'm quickly reminded I have two very energetic monkeys...no dinosaurs...nope batman and spiderman running wild and battling on my bed. Then I'm forced to share some marshmallows and make something of the day. Then, soon enough I am reminded just how lucky I am to be their mommy. That realization comes in the form of kisses. My favorite thing to hear in the midst of my grogginess is "I'm going to kiss my mommy" or " I love you mom"as he snuggles up to me. I truly have the sweetest boys! I love looking into Gavin's sparkling sapphire eyes, admiring his sweet innocence. I'm so blessed to be so loved and admired, even on days i most certainly don't deserve it. Which we've suffered through several lately.
It still drives me absolutely insane to see ATVs! I hate hearing about the neighbors adventures and seeing young kids cruise around on them. That's what I get for basically living in farm country. Though I doubt I could really escape it entirely no matter where we lived. It's just a harsh reminder that takes me back to my most private, darkest hours and it's hard to climb out of that very dark hole, especially when tuning the world out feels kinda nice. I keep hoping I can get past it but I'm willing to accept now that I won't. Eric meant the world to me, he was my baby brother, my best-bud, and so much more. My boys and I send kisses to heaven whenever we're outside. I've been dealing with some trials for a while now and I'm grateful I have my little brother to at least watch over me and my boys if he can't be here to make me laugh and help me see things in a different light. Life is shorter than we ever imagined, loved ones are taken from us far too soon and often unexpected and tragic. We don't always get a chance to say what we wanted to. I'm so grateful for the blessings I have received. We take so much for granted it is unbelievable. I have challenged myself to appreciate some of those things I take for granted. My latest feat is my body, I'm blessed with a body that can run and jump, dance and do a lot of things, so I have taken up running. I loathed running in the past but I'm learning to love it. It's nice to spend time with my boys, admiring nature and seeing just how far I can push myself.It's not always easy to do but live life to the fullest. Love those that love you, and love those that don't just keep your priorities straight. Take time to let things go and just laugh. I'm learning just how boring, repetitive and annoying Mr. Negativity really is. He's a lame companion. I wish I was better at ignoring him but I do what I can.
Sorry for venting and boring those that care but despite all this blah-ness I made an impulsive decision and I'm taking my boys and we're going to melt in Texas for two weeks with Karin! Don't worry,Andy would come along but with his new job he's not in a position to play just yet. So none of you think I'm running away from him or something. I'm grateful for a hardworking, honest husband! He is pretty awesome!
Sorry for venting and boring those that care but despite all this blah-ness I made an impulsive decision and I'm taking my boys and we're going to melt in Texas for two weeks with Karin! Don't worry,Andy would come along but with his new job he's not in a position to play just yet. So none of you think I'm running away from him or something. I'm grateful for a hardworking, honest husband! He is pretty awesome!

2 comments:
I'm sorry you're having an especially hard time right now. I promise you shouldn't see any ATVs here. Love you and can't wait to have you here!!! I'm stocked up on mallows.
(The word verification is chinwook...tempting me a little for chin wah)
I'm sorry things are hard, Em. I think about you all the time, and hopefully we'll get out there sometime to play. ...You guys are always welcome here, too!
Post a Comment