Oct 7, 2009

No camera...

Unfortunate, but minor happenings.
Our microwave just up and decided to die on us. It worked one minute and then not the next. In our new house there's an over the range one. So why buy a microwave for a few weeks? I had NO idea HOW MUCH I really use a microwave. What a major pain in my behind. NO really, I was cleaning in the kitchen and Gav was behind me, he opened the cupboards under the sink and I didn't realize it as I was quickly turning to go to the sink and wash my hands,until the door had sunk into the back of my thigh up to my behind. It's a pretty nasty bruise.

I made small party plans for my BIG birthday boy, baked him a cake, cleaned, shopped, wrapped presents. Speaking of wrapping, when picking out paper at the store, I learned not to let my little ones decide. "mommy, I want this one". "No mommy, I want the orange, .....no the green, ya ya the orange." "no, it's mine, let go, let go,let go!" Before I know it Max starts whacking Gavin with the roll of paper. It was great...I just smiled and quickly took the paper and carried it with one hand and pushed the cart with the other.
We had a fun day celebrating with Andy. I made him his favorite breakfast,plantains and eggs . We took the boys to see UP. Burgers at Five Guys for dinner and back to the little apt. for cake,ice cream, and presents with the family. I whip out my camera and what happens...it won't turn on. It worked just fine the day before. Not sure what happened in the mean time. We need to buy a new battery and see if that fixes it. Of course Andy had HIS camera(s) at the office. So no party pictures-BOO. It was a simple but very fun day. He sure is the best husband! I truly don't know what I would do with out him. We've been through a lot together and seven years later it's better than ever. It took a while for him to learn how to put up with me but I think I am worth it. I mean, I make pretty amazing cakes. Happy Birthday Andy,I love you!

He also received a pie in the face for birthday payback from his friends after a few games of racquetball. Turns out Andy isn't always the prankster.I don't have the pics, but hopefully I can get them from Joe.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Did you get the door out of your behind? jk

I'm glad you guys had a good birthday too.

Call me- we just got back from the doc with zero answers. At least we know it isn't the flu, strep, or pneumonia.

Sarah said...

Sounds like the birthday went well :)
But what a bummer week for you.

brit said...

YOU ARE totally WORTH IT! hopefully we will get to see you in october. this time give me an hour of notice so i can be dressed and ready to play!

hope the house remodel is going great! yeah! can't wait to see pictures!

Karin said...

WHERE ARE YOU?