Jun 27, 2009

yuck!

Fun Saturday plans for me and the boys, no rain insight. We got up, ate breakfast, had baths, played with our cars, made a fort out of the couch cushions(only to fight over who got to play in the fort because it certainly wasn't built for two).

Had a snack
I love Max's face here...not sure what Gav is doing. Watched some Special Agent Oso and Max took a nap. We ate some lunch and then headed over to the aquarium...

I anticipated a full crowd being a Saturday and all but it was packed and strollers aren't very mobile in crowded situations with impatient children on board. But, when it's that busy you can't let these little boys loose. Max will go to ANYONE.
Pardon the tangent-We confirmed this last night when I grabbed a pizza at Papa murph's. I walked in the door with both boys in hand and Max pulled away and ran over to this big guy with piercings etc. that was sitting down waiting for his order. He rested his hands on the man's lap and looked up into his face and said "Hi! Hi! Hi...I'm Max" " you wanna PIZZA!... o-kay I get PIZZA!"
He's not afraid of anybody and I think he might have damaged the tough man's ego. He was a really nice guy-I'm not trying to stereotype or anything. I just thought it was cute, and I'm grateful to the passing strangers that don't just ignore Max when he is telling them hello, or to "let me out please"(this happens when he's in the stroller). I'm really not surprised by anything my little bundle of personality does anymore-he's such a character.

Sorry, back to the aquarium. We slowly try and work our way around to the little toads-they can watch them for a good five minutes surprisingly. We skipped over the main section because it was so insane and went to the new exhibit. Just as Gav climbed out to run and see the snake I smelled it... I looked around and looked down the hallway and it was covered in chunky regurgitated piles of food. It was so disgusting. I have a weak stomach and I am a germaphobe- quite the combo. I quickly grabbed Gav, and strolled through the crowd and out the other door. I set a new record, we were at the aquarium for less than seven minutes. I felt bad because they were crying as I loaded them back into the car. It was a total waste of time today. We ran a few errands for the wedding. I still can't believe how much little boys dress shirts are, and how hard it is to find them in toddler sizes-grrr. Then we went to Scoopology and shared some raspberry cheesecake ice cream( it's amazing!) They forgot all about the fish, thank goodness. Not sure when we will venture back...

We have looked at over a dozen homes this week and actually found three that we put offers on. Now we are just hoping at least one will come through. I have lost count of how many homes we have seen.

8 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Does your Zoo pass work at the aquarium too? Just wondering because I have one. Sorry about the puke, but I would have loved to see how fast you booked it out of there!

Macdonalds said...

The passes are separate. The aquarium is a lot closer,they opened a new South American exhibit that is pretty neat. We go pretty often but never again on a weekend. Oh, I'm just glad I saw it before my boys got near it. I don't typically have them in a stroller my boys think they own the place(most mornings are pretty empty)...that would have been awful.

Unknown said...

I'm not to good with someone else's puke either:( Good thing you got out of there. But I can totally see my kids trowing tantrums when we had to leave after 7 min:) We've done that at the park before.

Good luck on the house hunting. You'll find something you totally love then it will all be worth it:)

jessi said...

Let's go to the aquarium sometime! Hunter has been dying to go! Sorry about the crappy Saturday... But Ice Cream always makes everything better! Hope you find a house soon!

Karin said...

The first picture is my favorite.

That is disgusting about the throw-up and I would have booked it out of there too.

I can't wait to hear about these houses. :) I'll call you later.

The Clems said...

i hate the aquarium when its packed! add barf and that makes for a crappy visit. sorry it didn't turn out.

i hope you guys get the house you want! good luck!

melanie33 said...

good luck with the house hunting and pass any ridiculously cheap ones that you are not interested in our way!

Amanda said...

Never a dull moment right?! Good to know that I should never go there on the weekend. Mmmm I want to try Scoopology now!
Good luck with the house hunting!