Dec 29, 2007

Christmas by the ocean

We just got home from Mendocino California. It was a long drive but the kids did great. It was so incredibly beautiful spending every morning eating breakfast while looking out at the ocean. My uncle owns a beautiful Bed and Breakfast and it was really fun to stay in these cute little private cottages right off the coast. The Redwoods were absolutely incredible! It was still too cold to really play at the beach but we collected a lot of glass at "glass beach". I wish we lived closer to my family so we could get together more often. But I'm grateful we get the opportunities that we do. It was nice to get away, this Christmas was really hard but it couldn't have been spent with better company. Gavin had a great time being able to play outside, though I missed the snow. I have so many pictures I better make a slide show but here are a few for tonight.I was so happy that they both smiled!
Gavin and his "airpwane"and "nake"

If you look closely Max's onesie says "I'm with stupid"...haha. He was a good sport though.
The view from the window where we ate breakfast...I love the ocean!


Max loves his jumparoo!
Such a happy guy!
Max got his very own train, unfortunately Gavin doesn't care and we are learning to share.

I love this guy! How about his little haircut? I gave in and trimmed it two inches before our trip. It was hard to get him to hold still. I didn't dare go shorter. I love his hair.
These boys are so spoiled!This is my tree, it's nothing like my mom's fourteen trees but we like it. Most all the ornaments have some significance or do something entertaining for Gavin. Andy proposed to me via snowman, needless to say we collect snowmen for our tree.

4 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

cute pics! that view of the ocean is amazing! i would love to vacation there! i'm glad you had a good christmas...your boys got some super cute stuff! we'll have to get together after the new year :)

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Cute boys. Sienna loves her train that she got too. (same one) Those animals are so fun.

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I had a dream last night that we were at the beach, wish it was real!

Love ya! Glad you made it home safe.

P.S. I thought you said you cut Max's hair???

Unknown said...

I love the pic with both of them by santa. They are so cute together and i'm sure they're best buds:) Kaylee will have nothing to do with santa when he gets close. She only like the idea of him coming and bring gifts:) go figure

The Clems said...

That sounds like so much fun. The Cali coast is so beautiful! Im glad you had a fun time. Let me know when you want to go to the Kangaroo Zoo. Im sure your boys would have a blast!