
I am sitting here reflecting over the past four years. So many thoughts, so many emotions and a big hole in my heart that still aches for my baby brother. My mom and I did something that needed to be done for a long time, but getting the strength to go back there took a while. We put together a yummy basket full of goodies from Kneaders and drove down to the Nephi hospital to thank the doctor and nurses who were there when Eric was killed. It was total chance that one of the nurses would be there for us to thank in person and meet. We wanted her to know how much it meant to us that she stayed by Eric's side until my dad was able to get there and verify his body. Even though he was dead she kept his spirit company. It was comforting to see her emotions, and hear her sincere passion for her job as a nurse and a mother. I have so much love and respect for nurses, today more than ever. It truly takes someone special to keep a mother's dead child company to feel safe and loved until those who love them can be there. Those special people KNOW that the spirit of those that have passed is still so present and they have the compassion to stay. I am just so grateful! A little piece of closure and I hope she knows just how amazing and special she is! As well as the others that were there for Eric. Everyday still hurts, the emptiness is still there but the Gospel gives me reason to push forward, to grow stronger so that I can be with him again! Of course we also celebrated in Eric style and enjoyed delicious ribs from Good Wood and had a pixie stix ritual. This weekend is always a fresh reminder of those emotions that , for the most part, are tucked away in a very private part of my mind and heart. I love you Eric! Thank you for your big heart, your amazing example of friendship and for watching over me and my boys everyday!
We also had two super fun birthdays we celebrated this month, a road trip to Vernal to the Dinosaur museum, my grandparents came to visit, fieldtrips, colds and a new member of our family...here are the details:)
The MONSTER Truck cake for Gav...
That morning he ran into the kitchen to see his cake and gave me a hug exclaiming "you're the best mom EVER!"Totally made the stress and sticky frosting cake nightmare worth every second!
Making a wish! Gavin, we have come so far in six years! I love you more than words can say, you are such a blessing in my life. I am so proud of how much you have accomplished, I know you are being watched over and are one very special amazing boy!
Hanging out with papa while Gav opened presents.
Our neighbor and adorable princess Ava! She was the life of the party that's for sure! SO adorable!
The Angry Birds cake...Max loved it!
Max took a picture of his toes:)
Our RV trip to Vernal. The boys loved it!
We made it home alive!
Gav won an award for Perseverance from his principal! Way to go my little buddy!
My grandpa was so excited about seeing these lilacs and begged someone to take him back to get some pictures while he was in his fancy suit. It was fun! I sure love my grandpa!
They were pretty awesome!
And then, he broke off a big bunch of them and smiled his biggest smile...I felt like I assisted a criminal ha ha!
Then we adopted a kitty for Max's birthday. Max has been asking for a black cat for months. We settled on this little guy with white whiskers and socks!They named him Captain George Boots...well his name tends to change a lot. The boys love him! I am not a cat lover but he's kind of irresistible. He is an indoor cat so I can keep him clean:) And that is all for now!
2 comments:
What a neat experience to have with the nurse. It makes you realize there are good people in the world who have a heart! I am sure that was hard, but you are such a strong person!
Gavin's cake and max's cakes were awesome! You have an awesome talent!
Vernal Looked fun, do you have family there, or did you go for the dinosaurs?
I love kittens! They are so cute!
We truly need to get together soon. My kids are out of school and were just hanging out at home these days, so let me know when your available!
thats such a neat experience to meet wit that nurse. as always, you are such a strong women! your brother would be very proud :)
Post a Comment