Life as we know it changed a lot after adding our cuddly, smiley little Graham to our family. We went from easy, independent boys to starting over. We were quickly reminded what sleep deprivation feels like, along with blow outs, projectile spit up, diaper bags, spare clothes and enjoying those first real giggles. It has been a fun adjustment. He has been the most cuddly baby ever. He really is such a great baby. He has some separation anxiety. He hates not being included in the action. I don't blame him. He is also one horrible sleeper, probably because of the anxiety. But I secretly love all the crazy late nights of snuggling and holding him while he sleeps- I know that it will all be over with too soon.
We started our summer with traditional swimming lessons, the boys have become great swimmers! Gavin loves the butterfly and Max loves the breaststroke and freestyle. I also started my last insane packed summer term of school to finish up my AS degree. I put my Bachelor plans on hold simply because I felt it was best to just enjoy my miracle baby while he is still a baby. I invested a lot of time and money into school and had nothing to show for it, so a quick crazy finish was in order. Guess what? We all survived. Night classes and child swapping with Andy at school, swimming lessons, piano lessons, scouts whatever, we made it happen. The best part was that we did it all ourselves, no babysitters or daycare, we didn't have family around to help either. It was the craziest busiest 8 weeks of a summer but it seemed much more appealing than dragging out the crazy for a full semester. End Result = diploma! Thank you to hot and ready's, Dr. Pepper and a lot of chocolate :)
Four months- shots are the worst. The poor guy does not do well with them at all. It is tough. Graham can roll over and is getting better. He loves to be held. He loves bath time and will splash nonstop. He still insists on napping in my arms and hates his crib. Lay him on the floor and watch those legs. He kicks excitedly forever. It's no wonder feeling him in my belly was painful, he does synchronized kicking, amazing. Still trying to encourage a bink because he always sneaks that dirty thumb in when I'm not around.
Six months- check up stats. 3% for weight, and 31% height
He is definitely a light weight like Max was and the girls his age at church sure have him beat in a fat rolls contest. We just started adding some fruits and veggies to his cereal and he loves everything so far. He can roll really well and is so close to sitting by himself. He tips over and gets pretty frustrated. Maybe I should have invested in one those bumbo seat things... oh well. His favorite toy is the piggy bank, he loves sitting and putting the giant plastic coins in and chewing on them too. This kid will splash for an hour straight in the pool. It's pretty fun to take him swimming with us, he is definitely a water baby.
Eight months- He can sit up all by himself, he claps, waves and I swear he can say "hi". He almost always has something in his mouth, mostly trying to mock me and suck his thumb. He loves the high chair and eating with the family. He just started cutting his first tooth, it is a lot rougher than I recall teething being. I bet I just forgot those miserable times with my other two. I've given up on him ever taking great naps, 20- 40 minutes is at least enough time for me to shower and eat something. He still fights sleep like it will be the end of him. He wins, he's the baby after all. He loves playing "where's the baby" Andy likes to gently toss a muslin blanket over his face and he squeals and kicks and carries on forever while Andy repeats. This might make more sense if you saw it in action. But it's adorable.

Finally home from the hospital. He was so smiley in his sleep I took the cannula out for a sec to get this picture.


8 weeks old

Meeting cousin Jack

Reunited with Karin for a short visit.
Chel's wedding

.JPG)
Jen's wedding...I don't think we got any pics except for these of Max outside the Leonardo. It was a beautiful day and a great wedding though!




These were some fun random shots I found on my phone. He came with quite the personality. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the future.
Bat baby- this picture always makes me smile.
He loves to splash.
Chillin in the shade while big brothers have swimming lessons.
First real swim, and he loved it.
Gosh he's adorable!
Scout camp
Attempted camping trip with the boys. Not even five minutes into the trail and Max tripped on a rock and did this. Internal stitches and another external layer. It cut right to the skull.
Happy 12 years to us!
Delicious night out!

Finally home from the hospital. He was so smiley in his sleep I took the cannula out for a sec to get this picture.


8 weeks old
Meeting cousin Jack

Reunited with Karin for a short visit.
Chel's wedding
Jen's wedding...I don't think we got any pics except for these of Max outside the Leonardo. It was a beautiful day and a great wedding though!


Not impressed by his first parade. Maybe he'll like the fire works?
Bat baby- this picture always makes me smile.
He loves to splash.
Chillin in the shade while big brothers have swimming lessons.
First real swim, and he loved it.
Gosh he's adorable!
Scout camp
Fourth of July
Attempted camping trip with the boys. Not even five minutes into the trail and Max tripped on a rock and did this. Internal stitches and another external layer. It cut right to the skull.
Happy 12 years to us!
Delicious night out!



















.jpg)








.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment