Oct 31, 2013

Halloween

I love Halloween!  My parents have gone all out for Halloween every year. I grew up that way, and I'm pretty sure the same excitement is instilled in my boys.  They could care less about the actual trick-or-treating and candy, it's all about the costumes and school parties.  I have even found my non-sewing self hand-sewing costumes almost every year.  Maybe one day I'll actually invest in a sewing machine and some lessons... Anyway, this year my very pregnant self was in the middle of midterms for school and still managed to make Max's mummy dreams come true without resorting to good ole' toilet paper.  I even turned Gavin into a pretty awesome skeleton. 

Yep, hand sewed all those strips to make a mummy, that wouldn't unravel at school, and could stand the rigorous night of trick-or-treating.  I'm pretty sure I enjoyed painting their faces the most!  Can you tell this pregnant mama was feeling super crafty for her own costume? Just kidding.
Anyway, I did learn that it is A LOT to ask little boys to stop sifting through their loot to take a picture with mom before she crashed for the night.
We also have a fun yearly Halloween party with our friends.  It was super hero themed, so I decided "Black Widow" was practical. I mean, how many pregnant fictional super heroes are there to choose from? Even if there were, what would one do with such a costume after the party? I ran out of time to get fancy with Andy so we whipped him into Captain America with a T-shirt and Max's toy shield. 
Good times!  I made mini chocolate caramel mouse cake trifles that were a pregnant late night concoction and a major hit.

No comments: